Marshfield, The KT, and Roadkill Grill
Its been forever since my last post. I didn't end up in the hospital during this past chemo. I was happy. I've been hospitalized for every one of them since the first one. I washed my hands like crazy and didn't eat anything I didn't was or cook (including water).
Last week, Matt and Joel came down to Marshfield for the week. They stayed at the Hope Lodge with me. It was a lot of fun. On Monday night, we went rollerblading. Tuesday we went swimming and I had band practice. They went disc golfing while I was at practice. Then we went out for Dairy Queen blizards. I love blizzards. I just love ice cream I guess. Its one of my weaknesses. :) Wednesday, Donny and Jacki (Dad's brother) came into town. They were making their yearly trip around Wisconsin. We had lunch at the Kitchen Table. It was excellent. That is my favorite place in Marshfield--homecooked healthy food. :) Plus the company was good. I don't get to see any of them very often. It was disappointing that Erika wasn't around. She's one of my favorite cousins. Jacki is always fun to talk to. She has so many stories.....I hadn't really talked to Donny one on one before and I realized how smart he is. He knows so much about a lot of stuff. I was impressed. I had my last concert with the Marshfield Civic Band that night. Thursday, Joel left and Matt and I were pooped from the busy week and we relaxed the rest of the day. We watched a movie and a bunch of tv and cuddled. I like to cuddle. We had a few really good talks at night when we were lying in bed for the night. Usually we have our best talks in bed or riding in the car. We spent a lot of Thursday afternoon in the Marshfield Cemetary. We were looking for my Great-Grandma and Grandpa Hoffman (Irene and Louis)'s gravesite. We weren't sure where it was at all so we went up and down all the rows. We missed it somehow. I called Dad that night and found out exactly where it was. Friday morning, we went to radiation and then to the cemetary. I don't know how we missed it. It was right on one of the roads and in plain view. I wish we would've had flowers or something because there were a lot of other graves with lots of flowers. And I think that after awhile, people stop visiting the cemetaries and the headstone looked so lonely. I never knew them (they died in the 1960's), but I know they were loved and not forgotten. Also, I think its important to know about family history and where ancestors lived and died. Then we drove home.
We went camping at Carney Lake with his brother, Craig; and his friends from home, Grace, Isaiah, Hanna, and Sarah. Chris also came with us. We went canoeing and swimming on Friday night. Chris had a backache on Saturday so we went home to drop him off and go grocery shopping. I also picked up the van so I could bring the canoe back with me on Sunday. So we went shopping. I saw JoAnne sitting outside the mall and chatted with her for a little while. It was fun to see her again. I haven't seen much of anyone since I started radiation six weeks ago. When we were driving back to the campground, I was following Matt. A monster truck passed me going really fast the other way. Then another one did. Finally there was a third one, but it was pulled over on the side of the road. A few hundred yards past him was a dead turkey and a whole lot of feathers. Half a mile down the road, Matt and I pulled over. We decided to go back. ... mmmmm.. Turkey!! The turkey must've gotten hit in the back and broke its neck because it looked completely intact and was no blood at all. (there was very little blood later when Matt and Hanna butchered it) So when we got back to the campsite, we took the groceries out of the car and put them on the picnic table---along with the bag that had turkey legs sticking out. Matt pulled the turkey out and said, "this was on sale"..... we boiled it and then grilled it. The grilling part over-cooked it a little bit to make it dry, but with ketchup, it was good. We had baked potatoes and sweet corn on the cob so it was almost like Thanksgiving. I would never have dreamed of eating roadkill but the turkey was still warm and the truck must've hit it only a few minutes before we drove by. The other turkeys were still there on the side of the road when we drove by the first time. Now I can say I've eaten roadkill. And it was yummy. That night it stormed. Our tent flooded and in a downpour, we hurried into the van to sleep. It was much dryer than the tent and warmer too. It was a little cramped though. Matt slept in the front passenger seat, and I slept in the back seat (which is a foot too short for my legs). It was fun though. Yesterday (Sunday), I came home, packed and unpacked. Then went to Marshfield via Grandma's. Carol was there. It always seems like she has one crisis after another. She never has much good to say about anything. Hopefully her life isn't as terrible as she usually makes it out to be. Grandma and Uncle are doing well. They're busy with farm work, as usual, but that's how it is this time of year. I'm starting chemo as I write this. They're really busy here and its taking a lot longer than it is supposed to to get my drugs. Its good I'm having chemo for only an hour or two because I get out tommorrow regardless of how slow they end up being. Tommorrow Mary and Grandma are coming to visit. Hopefully I'll get discharged while they're here so we can go out to lunch or something. Tommorrow is also my last day of radiation ...which means I GET TO GO HOME!!! YAY!! :) Well I'm going to go now. Night.
Last week, Matt and Joel came down to Marshfield for the week. They stayed at the Hope Lodge with me. It was a lot of fun. On Monday night, we went rollerblading. Tuesday we went swimming and I had band practice. They went disc golfing while I was at practice. Then we went out for Dairy Queen blizards. I love blizzards. I just love ice cream I guess. Its one of my weaknesses. :) Wednesday, Donny and Jacki (Dad's brother) came into town. They were making their yearly trip around Wisconsin. We had lunch at the Kitchen Table. It was excellent. That is my favorite place in Marshfield--homecooked healthy food. :) Plus the company was good. I don't get to see any of them very often. It was disappointing that Erika wasn't around. She's one of my favorite cousins. Jacki is always fun to talk to. She has so many stories.....I hadn't really talked to Donny one on one before and I realized how smart he is. He knows so much about a lot of stuff. I was impressed. I had my last concert with the Marshfield Civic Band that night. Thursday, Joel left and Matt and I were pooped from the busy week and we relaxed the rest of the day. We watched a movie and a bunch of tv and cuddled. I like to cuddle. We had a few really good talks at night when we were lying in bed for the night. Usually we have our best talks in bed or riding in the car. We spent a lot of Thursday afternoon in the Marshfield Cemetary. We were looking for my Great-Grandma and Grandpa Hoffman (Irene and Louis)'s gravesite. We weren't sure where it was at all so we went up and down all the rows. We missed it somehow. I called Dad that night and found out exactly where it was. Friday morning, we went to radiation and then to the cemetary. I don't know how we missed it. It was right on one of the roads and in plain view. I wish we would've had flowers or something because there were a lot of other graves with lots of flowers. And I think that after awhile, people stop visiting the cemetaries and the headstone looked so lonely. I never knew them (they died in the 1960's), but I know they were loved and not forgotten. Also, I think its important to know about family history and where ancestors lived and died. Then we drove home.
We went camping at Carney Lake with his brother, Craig; and his friends from home, Grace, Isaiah, Hanna, and Sarah. Chris also came with us. We went canoeing and swimming on Friday night. Chris had a backache on Saturday so we went home to drop him off and go grocery shopping. I also picked up the van so I could bring the canoe back with me on Sunday. So we went shopping. I saw JoAnne sitting outside the mall and chatted with her for a little while. It was fun to see her again. I haven't seen much of anyone since I started radiation six weeks ago. When we were driving back to the campground, I was following Matt. A monster truck passed me going really fast the other way. Then another one did. Finally there was a third one, but it was pulled over on the side of the road. A few hundred yards past him was a dead turkey and a whole lot of feathers. Half a mile down the road, Matt and I pulled over. We decided to go back. ... mmmmm.. Turkey!! The turkey must've gotten hit in the back and broke its neck because it looked completely intact and was no blood at all. (there was very little blood later when Matt and Hanna butchered it) So when we got back to the campsite, we took the groceries out of the car and put them on the picnic table---along with the bag that had turkey legs sticking out. Matt pulled the turkey out and said, "this was on sale"..... we boiled it and then grilled it. The grilling part over-cooked it a little bit to make it dry, but with ketchup, it was good. We had baked potatoes and sweet corn on the cob so it was almost like Thanksgiving. I would never have dreamed of eating roadkill but the turkey was still warm and the truck must've hit it only a few minutes before we drove by. The other turkeys were still there on the side of the road when we drove by the first time. Now I can say I've eaten roadkill. And it was yummy. That night it stormed. Our tent flooded and in a downpour, we hurried into the van to sleep. It was much dryer than the tent and warmer too. It was a little cramped though. Matt slept in the front passenger seat, and I slept in the back seat (which is a foot too short for my legs). It was fun though. Yesterday (Sunday), I came home, packed and unpacked. Then went to Marshfield via Grandma's. Carol was there. It always seems like she has one crisis after another. She never has much good to say about anything. Hopefully her life isn't as terrible as she usually makes it out to be. Grandma and Uncle are doing well. They're busy with farm work, as usual, but that's how it is this time of year. I'm starting chemo as I write this. They're really busy here and its taking a lot longer than it is supposed to to get my drugs. Its good I'm having chemo for only an hour or two because I get out tommorrow regardless of how slow they end up being. Tommorrow Mary and Grandma are coming to visit. Hopefully I'll get discharged while they're here so we can go out to lunch or something. Tommorrow is also my last day of radiation ...which means I GET TO GO HOME!!! YAY!! :) Well I'm going to go now. Night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home