My Photo
Name:
Location: Humboldt County, California, United States

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yesterday sucked balls. I woke up with the worst headache I've ever had in my life. My neck was stiff and it just traveled up into my head from there. When I got to the doctor's office I just started crying: from the pain in my head, missing Matt (I'm kinda down for the first couple days after he leaves), and because I had to do chemo. Brenda and Dr. McM thought my headache was in anticipation of chemo, but I'm not like that. It doesn't really affect me physically like that. Dad and I ate at the Kitchen Table for lunch. Its a good thing I don't live in Marshfield or I'd be broke from eating there all the time. Its seriously the best restaurant I've ever eaten at!!When I checked into the hospital, I had a fever of 101. Then I got the chills and it went up to 103. They gave me tylenol and it went back down. They had to do blood cultures to see if I had an infection, but I doubt it. Usually I when I get a fever, its from the natural bacteria in my butt irritating it because my blood counts are too low to counteract it. I tried tylenol for my headache but it didn't work. They prescribed Vicodin but that always makes me nauseous. When the Doctor came to examine me because of the fever, I asked for oxycodone that I take at home sometimes and doesn't make me sick. So the tylenol mixed with oxycodone killed my fever and my headache. That night, I got a couple foot rubs from Jessica. She wasn't my nurse but she comes to visit me when I'm here. She's probably 23 or 24 so I have more in common with her than some of the other nurses and she's fun to talk to. She's good company. :) (plus she gives me footrubs..hehhe).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home