Yesterday was Sam's birthday so we went out to dinner at Peking, the only really good Chinese restaurant in town. It was nice to visit with him. We haven't hung out at all this summer really because I've been gone so much. Then we had our last concert for Norway Band. It was really hot, but it was a good concert. The band is finally playing together and there isn't a whole lot of overpowering sections like it used to be (ahem... TRUMPETS!). Afterwards we went to go swimming at Fumee. Sam locked his keys in the car so we spent most of the night trying to break into his car with an ice scraper and a coat hanger. He had locked his keys in just last week and watched a locksmith open his car with a rod and a wedge so he thought we could get it open. So two hours and about fifty mosquito bites later, we decided to just call his mom to bring a spare key from Iron River. I guess those classes at Eastern (in Detroit) on how to break into cars didn't pay off this time. We met her halfway and then went back. By that time it was midnight, but we went swimming anyways. It was really dark but the water was warm and felt soooooo good. All that running around for the car paid off when I hit the water. Maybe I'll go again this weekend with Matt if its warmer. I love nightswimming at Fumee. Sam spent the night and now I'm at his house in Iron River. He is going to Marquette today like I am so we're going to ride together to save my parents and Matt the time. I'll get there a little later, but I guess that's ok. We're supposed to go to dinner tonight and swimming if its hot out still. I'm looking forward to getting away. My family (mostly Dad) is driving me crazy and I need to get out, even if it is just for a little while.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home