My Photo
Name:
Location: Humboldt County, California, United States

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Marquette is kind of a fun town. I've gotten to know it more since Matt moved up there and it was kind of sad helping him pack up to leave because I know I don't have much of a reason to be up there so often. Plus its a way to get away from home. Dad and I are back to not getting along, just like we were when I lived at home. But this time I finally stand up for myself and he's really hating it because I don't let him walk all over me anymore. He doesn't treat anyone in my family (including my mom) with the respect he expects from us. Thats all I'll say about that. Lets just say this: Marquette was a double plus to retreat to: see my honey and get away from Dad. Last night, Matt and I went out for pasties and went to Presque Isle to eat them. there was a concert going on so we watched that. Coincidentally, my friend, Christina, from band camp years ago was there. We chatted a bit after the concert. She didn't recognize me at first. Maybe it was because of my wig or maybe because she wasn't expecting me to be in Marquette. Either way, it was fun to see her again. The band sounded good. I was impressed that it was a city band. I thought it might've been professionals there for Finn Fest. It was a smaller band (considering the size of the town), so maybe they are particular as to who they let in. I was impressed, to say the least. I'm going to see how the Packers are doing. First game of the pre-season tonight. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home