My Photo
Name:
Location: Humboldt County, California, United States

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Well this sucks. I've been out of the hospital for nearly a week and I still feel like shit. My mouth and jaw hurt like hell for a few days and I hardly ate or drank at first. That caused me to be dehydrated and made my total body soreness and being weak feel that much worse. Right now, my mouth feels a lot better (meaning I can eat without the instant flash of pain that I mentioned from my first chemo). I can't taste anything really. My entire mouth feels like I burned it on pizza. Hopefully tastes will return soon. Its no fun to eat and not taste things. I've been eating a lot of really bland foods just so I'm not disappointed when I bite into them and I taste nothing,. All I can taste is texture, if that makes any sense at all. I can taste slimy, gritty, sugary, slippery... . I tried eating cookies last night (my favorite). It was so sad. It tasted like I was eating sand. No taste whatsoever. I can taste certain things though. Its really wierd and random too. I ate grapes this morning, and they tasted like grapes. I was really happy.... so happy, in fact, that I ate every single one of them just because I could taste them. Wierd hey?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Ryan. I hope things are going okay and that your taste comes back soon. That's gotta suck. I'm glad you have people around you to help you deal with this...even though it may not feel like it's helping at times. I hope you feel better. Hang in there, Karen. :)
~Ryan

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, this is Val. I know the whole loss of taste thing sucks alot. It was the same for me, and it was very selective as well, but don't worry because all of the taste came back eventually. Just take it easy even though its really hard. Call me if you need anything. -Val

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home