My Photo
Name:
Location: Humboldt County, California, United States

Friday, February 04, 2005

my doctor is the best

My peds doctor is awesome! He asked me today if i want a laptop in my hospital room. OBVIOUSLY!! So I have a computer to use withouthaving to leave my room. Its still kind of nice to go for a walk, but now I won't have to to use the computer.
My appointments all went well today. I saw the bone guy too and got a new cast and can finally fit my arm into my pj sleeve. (Thanks for the jammies Val!!!) Its so much lighter than the last one. At first, I felt a little silly having my arm bent because it felt like I didn't have the heavy cast on it! So that was good. He also took new xrays and found that my bone is healing!! So from what he can tell on the xrays, either the chemo seems to be doing its job or my arm wasn't as destroyed as originally thought, or both. Hopefully both. Also I got my way with the cast modification. The doc says its ok to modify it if my wrist can't move, so he did it in the office. He also said that he's almost sure I'll get to keep my arm, unless it spreads to the soft tissue in my arm. So let's all just pray the cancer goes away and doesn't think that its cancer and go do that spreading thing on me. Stupid cancer cells. You're like bunny rabbits. Get one and soon they're too numerous to count. Well I'm going to go for now. Maybe I'll get inspired later tonight to write more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm smiling. I like this entry very much. Very glad to hear. :) I've been thinking about you all day. People at work have, of course, been commenting on my haircut. I've been telling people why and just so you know, there will be a couple of nursing home residents praying for you tonight. Although...one of them may not remember. :p

Oh, and just so you know, they will just be praying for "Ryan's friend Karen." I haven't given your whole name or gone into any real specifics...I figured they don't need to know everything.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear things are going good. I'm heading to my grandma's tomorrow sometime. So, I'll probably contact you Sunday evening or night, if not later tonight or tomorrow morning. :) Have a good weekend. :) Oh, by the way, did the doctor use a hacksaw? :p
-Ryan

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home