I love Hacksaws
Things have been going great lately. My energy has returned to normal. I took a math test for my Bay class today. They gave me the wrong test at first. It was also something I've had before so I just started the test and then I got to the second page and wondered why there was nothing relevant to the chapter I had just learned. Then I realized it was for the class above the one I was taking. So I had to ask for the right test, and that kinda frazzled me and I drew a blank. I don't think I did very well. Grr. Well at least there are 7 other tests I can make up for it with.
I performed surgery on my cast today. I tried to play my alto sax and figured out exactly what it was that was hitting against my cast that made it so I couldn't play. It was an inch long spot below my thumb that was keeping me from it. I got the proper tools and went to the operating table. Mmmmm.... hack saw, you are my savior! :) I can play again. I almost have the same technical fluency as before, its at about 90%. That proves this little theory I have about musicians and agility. Its more a brain-hand cooection than a hand spped thing. And no chemo can dull my brain-hand coordination! I can still play most of the last piece that I learned before I broke my arm (and it's pretty tough)! :) yay! The only thing I can't really do is the notes below low C, but that's because it requires some wrist movement and my wrist isn't going anywhere... thats ok. They're not really used much anyways. I'm just so happy I can play again that a few unnecessary notes don't matter too much to me. My bone doctor is going to be really pissed that I cut out a little piece of my cast. I don't think its really a necessary place to have covering. I'm going to make him do it my way next week when they put a new one on. I'll tell him that I play the saxophone and its just a small piece of it to not cover so I can still play. So we can do this the easy way (him doing what I want) or the hard way (I'll go home and fix itr myself). If thats all thats keeping me from playing, I'm going to fix it. The doctors can't promise me I'll keep my arm so I'm going to keep playing as long as I do have it. Makes sense right?
Must call Cute Boy now :) TTFN.
I performed surgery on my cast today. I tried to play my alto sax and figured out exactly what it was that was hitting against my cast that made it so I couldn't play. It was an inch long spot below my thumb that was keeping me from it. I got the proper tools and went to the operating table. Mmmmm.... hack saw, you are my savior! :) I can play again. I almost have the same technical fluency as before, its at about 90%. That proves this little theory I have about musicians and agility. Its more a brain-hand cooection than a hand spped thing. And no chemo can dull my brain-hand coordination! I can still play most of the last piece that I learned before I broke my arm (and it's pretty tough)! :) yay! The only thing I can't really do is the notes below low C, but that's because it requires some wrist movement and my wrist isn't going anywhere... thats ok. They're not really used much anyways. I'm just so happy I can play again that a few unnecessary notes don't matter too much to me. My bone doctor is going to be really pissed that I cut out a little piece of my cast. I don't think its really a necessary place to have covering. I'm going to make him do it my way next week when they put a new one on. I'll tell him that I play the saxophone and its just a small piece of it to not cover so I can still play. So we can do this the easy way (him doing what I want) or the hard way (I'll go home and fix itr myself). If thats all thats keeping me from playing, I'm going to fix it. The doctors can't promise me I'll keep my arm so I'm going to keep playing as long as I do have it. Makes sense right?
Must call Cute Boy now :) TTFN.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home