here we go again
I can tell you for sure that I'm not nearly as afraid as I was the first time. I know hospitals suck and I'm dreading the food but at least I know I can make it thru chemo. And even though this one lasts longer, I think it might be easier than the short one. As I look at the side effects list I can tell you for sure that it looks promising. We'll find out.
As I was packing, I was whistling and actually kind of excited to get out for awhile. Not to go to the hospital, but all the fun things before I get there. Dad knows how much this sucks and he conveniently goes to Grandma's via Green Bay and we do a little shopping. Mattitude paid me back for the books I bought him with my United Apts gift certificate so I feel rich and can buy stuff. Lately I've been on a movie buying binge when I visit Green Bay. I guess because I'm becoming more practical with things and having a bunch of extra movies to take to chemo with me at least passes the time faster. Also staring at a specific spot for a couple hours makes nausea a little more manageable. Shopping for clothes has become no fun. I can never find shirts that fit over my cast (at least winter ones---which are disappearing now that summer clothes are coming out) and trying on things is a lot of work. The good thing is that the place my port was put in doesn't hurt anymore so its much easier to put shirts and things on. For the first week I had it I skipped wearing a bra because it rubbed too much. I felt really naked, but it beats being in pain whenever I move.
Ryan came to visit today. He kinda surprised me by coming earlier than I had expected. I'll blame it on the time zone difference. It was nice to visit with him again. We don't get to very often. The last time I had seen him was just before Christmas in 2003, so a little over a year. We just talked the whole afternoon. There are not many people I can sit and talk with that long without having an agenda. We're big kids and talk about crazy stuff. It was nice to see him anyhow. :) Everyone else should come visit me too!! (just leave your colds and flus at home, right honey? hehe) For those you don't know, my boyfriend brought along all of his germs and gave me a cold last weekend, but luckily, I am pretty much recovered from it. You got lucky Matt!!
As I was packing, I was whistling and actually kind of excited to get out for awhile. Not to go to the hospital, but all the fun things before I get there. Dad knows how much this sucks and he conveniently goes to Grandma's via Green Bay and we do a little shopping. Mattitude paid me back for the books I bought him with my United Apts gift certificate so I feel rich and can buy stuff. Lately I've been on a movie buying binge when I visit Green Bay. I guess because I'm becoming more practical with things and having a bunch of extra movies to take to chemo with me at least passes the time faster. Also staring at a specific spot for a couple hours makes nausea a little more manageable. Shopping for clothes has become no fun. I can never find shirts that fit over my cast (at least winter ones---which are disappearing now that summer clothes are coming out) and trying on things is a lot of work. The good thing is that the place my port was put in doesn't hurt anymore so its much easier to put shirts and things on. For the first week I had it I skipped wearing a bra because it rubbed too much. I felt really naked, but it beats being in pain whenever I move.
Ryan came to visit today. He kinda surprised me by coming earlier than I had expected. I'll blame it on the time zone difference. It was nice to visit with him again. We don't get to very often. The last time I had seen him was just before Christmas in 2003, so a little over a year. We just talked the whole afternoon. There are not many people I can sit and talk with that long without having an agenda. We're big kids and talk about crazy stuff. It was nice to see him anyhow. :) Everyone else should come visit me too!! (just leave your colds and flus at home, right honey? hehe) For those you don't know, my boyfriend brought along all of his germs and gave me a cold last weekend, but luckily, I am pretty much recovered from it. You got lucky Matt!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home