My Photo
Name:
Location: Humboldt County, California, United States

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Happy me happy me

I'm so excited to get out of here. But now its down to waiting for the doctor to come and give the official go ahead to leave for home. This chemo hasn't been too bad. I was put on a new anti-nausea med, named Emend, and it seems to do the trick. I don't think I've ever felt THIS good after the long chemo round! I'm glad this one works. I'm the only patient of Dr. McManus' that is 18 or older, so I'm kinda his guinea pig with adult medications that are for 18 and over. The last one he gave me, Compazine, sparked an allergic reaction, but this one seemed to do it for me.
So I get to go home today. I'll probably sleep all the way home, and then I'll be fresh for the night's activities. Neal's graduation party is today also. We haven't seen much of each other in a few years, but we were pretty good friends for most of my younger years: tree forts, building bridges, etc.. Plus it's fun to look at all the old pictures of people. So hopefully I'll be able to go to his party.
Matt is coming down for the weekend. I think maybe he's lonely up there all by himself. I wish I could be there more, but with this whole cancer thing going on, its just not a good idea. Its surprising that he has stuck around this long. Its a lot to handle, having a girlfriend with cancer. Whether he believes it or not, he is doing a pretty good job at being the supportive boyfriend that I so desperately need right now. Thanks honey! :) I love you so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home